German Community Has Solid Foundations

 

A few miles outside of St. Lucas, a historic site met its end a few decades ago.

The Old Mission had close ties to Fort Atkinson.

A limestone house had the role of the Winnebago Indian Sub-agency during the 1840s, later going on to become a family farm for the Huber family from 1849 to 1969.

The full article appears in the Feb. 18, 2020 issue of the Calmar Courier.

 

The Calmar Courier

The Calmar Courier
110 N. Maryville St.
PO Box 507
Calmar, Iowa 52132
Phone: 563-562-3488
calmarnews@midamericapub.com

Mid-America Publishing

This newspaper is part of the Mid-America Publishing Family. Please visit www.midampublishing.com for more information.